Penile Implant a Viable Solution for Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction currently affects more than 30 million men in our country. Every year, approximately 75,000 new diagnoses are made for this condition; and those numbers are related specifically to ED as a result of prostate cancer and its treatment. How many may more men be struggling in this important area of health and wellness? How many are suffering in silence?
The fact of the matter is that it is incredibly difficult for a man to simply accept erectile dysfunction as a normal part of life. It’s not. And it doesn’t have to be, regardless of hormonal changes or prostarectomy, or any other injury or procedure that disrupts the genital area. Treatments for erectile dysfunction have evolved over several years of research and development. Typically, more conservative therapies are suggested first, such as medication, vacuum, or penile injections. But what if these modalities are unsuccessful?
Making the Big Decision
It is important for a man to remain agile in the area of sexual function. Losing the ability to get and maintain an erection can have the deep emotional impact that leads to poor self-esteem and even depression. When all else has failed, there is the good reason to consider the value of a penile implant. According to statistics, fewer than 20,000 men undergo penile implant each year. And this is a global number. That is very few men addressing an important cause with a proven procedure!
It is believed that the primary reason that more men are not getting treated with penile implants is the simple lack of awareness. We hear about the use of medications for erectile dysfunction. We even hear about vacuum devices; but how often do we hear about the procedures that provide the most reliability without side effects like a headache? Not often enough.
Here’s what you Need to Know
- A penile implant is not visually noticeable.
- A penile implant does not change the physical sensations of intercourse for either partner.
- The surgical procedure takes only about 30 minutes.
- Normal activities are typically resumed in about 1 week after surgery.
- The risk of infection from penile implant surgery is less than 2%.
- The use of a penile implant is subtle and simple (just press the pump in the scrotal sack).
- 95% of men who have received a penile implant would recommend it to another man.
- 93% of female partners would recommend penile implants.
Do you want to feel confident in your ability to get and maintain an erection – every time you want? Contact our Chattanooga office at (423) 778-4MEN (4636) to learn more about penile implant surgery.